Insight into Entrepreneurial Mindset for individuals and teams.
Organisations: Assess individuals and teams for the characteristics possessed by people who innovate, adapt and disrupt.
Individuals: Use in career planning to compare yourself to the personality facets and behaviours entrepreneurs possess which differentiate them from corporate managers.
EMP is an online assessment which provides insight regarding the degree to which the participant possesses personality traits and behaviours which differentiate entrepreneurs from non-entrepreneurs.
Upon completion, the individual has access to a comprehensive self-development guide. Alternatively, facilitated feedback is available from our licensed practitioners.
The Entrepreneurial Mindset Profile (EMP)™ is a cutting-edge assessment tool examining the skills and capabilities that differentiate entrepreneurs from the rest. The EMP helps corporate leaders, students and entrepreneurs assess the degree to which they are utilising an “entrepreneurial mindset” and provides resources to leverage that competitive edge.
Developed from extensive research into the traits, motivations and skills of entrepreneurs, the EMP is based not on theory or conjecture, but on hard data about the factors that actually distinguish entrepreneurs from non-entrepreneurs. The instrument shows solid evidence of reliability and validity.
The EMP Feedback Report provides scores on 14 discrete scales that fall within two broad domains:
Personality Scales: fairly stable features that would make an individual more likely drawn to entrepreneurial endeavours.
- Independence: the desire to work with a high degree of independence
- Preference for Limited Structure: a preference for tasks and situations with little formal structure
- Nonconformity: a preference for acting in unique ways; an interest in being perceived as unique
- Risk Acceptance: a willingness to pursue an idea or a desired goal even when the probability of succeeding is low
- Action Orientation: a tendency to show initiative, make decisions quickly, and feel impatient for results
- Passion: a tendency to experience one’s work as exciting and enjoyable rather than tedious and draining
- Need to Achieve: the desire to achieve at a high level
Skills scales: more malleable features that if developed would make an individual more likely to be successful as an entrepreneur.
- Future Focus: the ability to think beyond the immediate situation and plan for the future
- Idea Generation: the ability to generate multiple and novel ideas, and to find multiple approaches for achieving goals
- Execution: the ability to turn ideas into actionable plans; the ability to implement ideas well
- Self-Confidence: a general belief in one’s ability to leverage skills and talents to achieve important goals
- Optimism: the ability to maintain a generally positive attitude about various aspects of one’s life and the world
- Persistence: the ability to bounce back quickly from disappointment, and to remain persistent in the face of setbacks
- Interpersonal Sensitivity: a high level of sensitivity to and concern for the well-being of those with whom one works
When an individual or team takes the EMP, not only do they receive a thorough Feedback Report, but they also get a 67-page Development Guide containing the following sections:
- Interpretive material, suggestions for development, and recommended readings on each of the 14 scales
- Current books and Websites on topics related to entrepreneurial mindset
- Effective action planning tips
- Guidelines for continuous improvement
This practical and user-friendly resource helps participants synthesise their results and generate a plan to leverage existing strengths and/or enhance skill sets. If extended development is desired, personalised feedback sessions and ongoing coaching are available.